Charles Cane Reserve - Previous Updates
Progress Update – 29 September 2020
Following some final changes to the design, construction has commenced at Charles Cane Reserve with temporary fencing in place to secure the three works zones across the site.
Council’s contractor, Outside Ideas, will aim to get through the following program of works over the next two week period: (29 September – 12 October)
- Locating and pot holing of existing services.
- Demolition of bollards and railing within work zones.
- Strip and dispose turf within work zones.
- Detailed excavation and boxing out to design levels within Entry Plaza and Fitness Hub Areas.
- Base preparations to pavement areas in Entry Plaza and Fitness Hub Areas.
- Formwork and steel work for both concrete bench seats along edge of Entry Plaza and Fitness Hub.
- Electrical trenching and placement of conduits for pedestrian lighting and BBQ.
- Placement of pipe for water supply to new drinking fountains.