Computers and Printing
City of Prospect recognises that not all residents can freely access laptops and associated facilities in their own home. To ensure all members of the Prospect community can enjoy the benefits that computer technology can offer, Prospect Library provides laptops for free use. There are other facilities such as printing and photocopying also available.
Residents can book a laptop to use for either a 15 minute or 60 minute period. Simply use your library card barcode PIN to reserve a laptop and login (if you can’t remember your pin you can reset this with the staff at the desk). If you’re not a member, just enquire at one of our local library centres.
Selected Microsoft Office products are available on the public access laptops.
Users under the age of 18 who wish to access the Internet must have parental/guardian consent to use the Internet.
Identification is required to use the computer service as a visitor.
To access Public-Library-RF
Join the Public-Library-RF network and connect with the password PublicLibrary.
Your device should then present you with an authentication page.
Login with your library card number and pin. If you can’t remember your pin you can reset this with the staff at the desk.
Printing and photocopying
To print from a laptop/home desktop
- Go to http://www.printeron.net/cop/prospectlibrary
- Printer – Choose one of the options
- User info – type in your email address
- Select Document – Browse your files to select
To print from a tablet or smart device - available from inside or away from the Library
- Send and email to the appropriate email address below and attach the document to your email.
- A4 Black & White - email@example.com
- A3 Black & White - firstname.lastname@example.org
- A4 Colour - email@example.com
- A3 Colour - firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be sent a release code for the email message and each attachment.
- Use the release codes to retrieve your documents.
- Pay and collect printout/s at Library Front Desk.
**Note: the entire document will print. You cannot select specific pages
Printing and Photocopying is available at the following prices:
Black and white
A4 - $0.20 per page
A3 - $0.40 per page
A4 - $1.20 per page
A3 - $2.00 per page
Scanning is available for free and is undertaken using the in-built scanner in the photocopier directly to your email.
Please note scanning, as well as photocopying, in the library is subject to Copyright Law.
If you need help with your device, you should feel free to take advantage of our one-on-one sessions with a Digital Help volunteer. Just book at at the library counter, or phone us on 8269 5355. You can also book online at www.bit.ly/hubbooking. The 45 minute sessions are available at no cost, in an informal and supportive environment.
If you’re looking for online resources, such as eBooks, eMagazines and more, please click here.
If you would like to take advantage of any of the computer or photocopying services on offer, please phone us on (08) 8269 5355 or drop in to reserve a laptop.