Youth Sponsorship Program
The Youth Sponsorship Program offered by City of Prospect aims to encourage and support young people aged 21 years and under who have been selected to represent their institution, club or organisation in areas including sport & recreation, science, technology, arts and culture.
In order to be eligible applicants must be:
- A resident of City of Prospect.
- Represent their institution, club, organisation or state within South Australia, Australia or overseas.
- Be primarily reliant on parent or guardian support.
- Aged 21 years or under at the time of the sponsored event.
Up to and including three members of the same institution, club or organisation competing at the same activity / event the maximum entitlement shall be:
- $50 if the activity / event is held within South Australia.
- $200 if the activity / event is held interstate.
- $400 if the activity / event is held overseas.
If more than three members of the same institution, club or organisation, competing at the same activity / event then the maximum entitlement to the club/ institution shall be:
- $150 if the activity/event is held with South Australia.
- $600 if the activity/event is held interstate.
- Up to $ 1,200 if the activity/event is held overseas.
The above amounts are to be distributed evenly between all participants.
- Applicants can submit one application per financial year.
- Applications must be received before the activity / event occurs.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not received funds from Council in previous years.
- Approval is subject to budget availability.
- Applications must be accompanied with a letter of selection and travel itinerary.
- Applicants will receive notification of their grant status within six weeks of submitting an application.
If you would like any more information on youth sponsorship, please contact us by phone on (08) 8269 5355, or via email at email@example.com.