Activities and Club Directory
City of Prospect is a bustling and vibrant community with plenty to do for young and old alike. With programs and initiatives for youth, adults, families and singles, there are physical activities, sporting clubs, recreational and social groups, walking and cycling trails, and much more.
City of Prospect has a brochure available that outlines a range of activities that are either run by council, or run out of council facilities such as halls, sporting facilities, the library, etc. Community members of all ages are encouraged to get involved.
Prospect Singing Group has paused for the foreseeable future.
For more information, contact our Community Development and Engagement Officer on (08) 8269 5355 or email email@example.com
City of Prospect is grateful to the Office for Ageing Well, SA Health for funding this project.
City of Prospect proudly supports our local walking group "Prospect Active Walkers" (PAWs), a Heart Foundation walking group.
The Heart Foundation has been able to meet the government requirements and has submitted a COVID-Safe Plan on behalf of the walking groups in South Australia. This is great news as our PAWS walkers can return from 22 June 2020.
As this activity takes place outside – not indoors – it does not have to meet the State Government requirement of 1 person per 4 square metres indoor rule. Although the group has had to make some adjustments to return, such as:-
- Walkers must be registered participants of the program
- Walkers must register their attendance with the Walk Organiser
- Walkers must continue social distancing (keeping 1.5m distance from others)
- Walkers must stay home if unwell (e.g. fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat etc)
- Walkers must seek testing for any COVID-19 symptoms and report a positive test result to the Heart Foundation Walking team, and the Volunteer and Community Programs Coordinator at City of Prospect, as soon as possible
- Walkers must practice good hand hygiene, and cover coughs and sneezes.
The Heart Foundation encourages all walkers to:
- download the COVIDSAFE app and use it at all times;
- get the annual flu (influenza) vaccination; and
- talk to their doctor about whether rejoining the walks at this stage is appropriate for them, particularly if participants are vulnerable. This includes older walkers, and those with chronic health conditions.
Prospect Active Walkers walk three days a week (see times below), and would love to have you join them on one, two, or even all three days of the week.
Prams are welcome, but no dogs please.
- Mondays 8am - 9am or 8.30am - 9am* at the Foodland carpark, 85 Prospect Road, Prospect
- Wednesdays 8am - 9am at Nailsworth Primary School, at the corner of Thomas Street and Main North Road, Nailsworth
- Fridays 8am - 9am or 8.30am - 9.30am* at Nailsworth Primary School, at the corner of Thomas Street and Main North Road, Nailsworth
* 8.30am-9am is a slower paced walk and may suit those recovering from an injury etc.
For more information, contact the Walk Organiser Karen on 0438 443 296, who is happy to get you started.
A program run by Prospect Community Garden Incorporated
Established in 2011, the Prospect Community Garden is a great place to learn, grow, share, and be inspired. The garden is based on a share model rather than individual leased allotments. Gardeners work together and share the produce. The garden is located on the western side of Prospect Memorial Gardens, off Wilcox Avenue, Prospect (near the tennis courts).
- Open Tuesday and Saturday mornings 9am-12noon
- New gardeners and visitors welcome during opening times
- Organic garden growing vegetables, herbs, fruit, vines and flowers
- Sustainable gardening events and workshops
- Children’s garden
- Compost system
- Indigenous garden
- Propagating shed
- Solar powered irrigation system
- Colourful garden art
- Compost worm farms
- Wheelchair access, accessible toilets
For more information contact Lindy 0448 580 342 or Alan 0432 970 466.
Other Clubs and Activities
To find out about other services, clubs and activities in City of Prospect and beyond check out the SA Directory of Community Services website at http://sacommunity.org/. It’s a useful website containing information about government, non-government and community based organisations that provide services for the SA community. Enter “Prospect” in the search bar for a complete listing in our area.
If you would like more information about activities and clubs in City of Prospect, please contact the Community Development and Engagement Officer on (08) 8269 5355 or firstname.lastname@example.org