The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for people with disability, their families and carers in Australia. The NDIS provides Australians under the age of 65 with a permanent and significant disability with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live an ordinary life.
- The NDIS is an insurance based scheme that takes a lifetime approach by investing in participants early to improve their long term outcomes.
- The NDIS is being gradually rolled out across Australia over three years (2017-2019) to ensure it is successful and sustainable.
- The NDIS will become available for adults aged 18 to 64 years in the Eastern Adelaide region from 1 April 2018.
- If an individual already receives supports from the South Australian or Commonwealth Governments, they will be contacted by an NDIA representative when it is time for them to transition to the NDIS.
- As well as a range of resources available on the NDIS website https://www.ndis.gov.au, there is a list of workshops and information sessions held in the area, that can assist future participants to find out more information about preparing for and starting their NDIS plan. To find out more and to RSVP, please visit the South Australian Events page https://www.ndis.gov.au/news/events/sa.html.
- If an individual is not currently receiving support, lives in the Eastern Adelaide region of South Australia and thinks they may meet the access requirements for the NDIS, please encourage them to contact the National Disability Insurance Agency on 1800 800 110.
Nearest NDIS office locations in Eastern Adelaide
Norwood Office (Co-located with Department of Human Services)
49 Edward Street, Norwood SA 5067
Open Monday to Friday, 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Enfield Office (Co-located with Department of Human Services)
298 - 302 Main North Road, Enfield SA 5082
Open Monday to Friday, 8.30 am – 4.30 pm
Local NDIS Coordination Service
Baptcare is the local NDIS Coordination Service provider who was awarded the contract with NDIS to support eligible persons to become registered with NDIS and receive the best care for their requirements. Your Local Area Coordinators can assist with enquiries regarding the NDIS system.
If you would like to speak with one of the Baptcare NDIS Coordinators, please find contact details below:
- Donna Burrows –telephone 0477 079 062 or email dBurrows@baptcare.org.au
- Katrina Levesque – telephone 0447 078 595 or emai email@example.com
- Gabriela Obbiettivo – telephone 0447 084 794 or email firstname.lastname@example.org