Returning in 2020 is City of Prospect’s major community event, Tourrific Prospect. Our iconic event has seen a spectacular increase in attendance each year including for the very popular ‘Loopy Kids Ride’. This year, sponsored by Blackfriars Priory School, we are offering children the opportunity to ‘ride like a pro’. The ride is a great safe place for kids to show off their cycling skills, and gain the invaluable experience of riding with others, and learn safe and essential bike handling skills such as sharing the road in a controlled environment.
We’re running this ever-popular ride just for our little ones in front of Palace Nova Prospect Cinema. The circuit, from Labrina Avenue to Pulsford Road, is where our younger community members get on their bikes and emulate their cycling heroes as they ride against each other in age category races. It’s free to enter, open to every child between 4 and 12 years of age - and everyone gets a Tourrific T-shirt!
Monday, 20 January 2020.
Prospect Circuit, between Labrina Avenue & Pulsford Road.
Start / Finish time
Ride 1 - 4:40pm - 4:55pm (4-6 yrs)
Ride 2 - 5:05pm - 5:20pm (7-9 yrs)
Ride 3 - 5:30pm - 5:45pm (10-12 yrs)
Registrations close Sunday 12 January 2020. No registrations will be accepted after this date nor on the day of the event.
Participants must be aged 4-12
(proof of age may be requested) and capable of riding without any training wheels.
Participants will receive:
* Exclusive access to the Prospect Circuit.
* A free official ‘Loopy’ event t-shirt to wear while riding the circuit and to have as a keep-sake after the event.
Collection of T-shirts
T-Shirts will need to be collected from City of Prospect on Tuesday 14 January 2020 between the hours of 10am and 5pm.
Official Event T-Shirt
All participants MUST bring and wear their official event t-shirt whilst riding the circuit. T-shirts are pre-ordered according to your registration size, changes are normally not possible.
Staff and volunteers will circulate the track to provide supervision and lend assistance. St Johns Volunteers will also be readily available.
On the Day
After signing in each participant must have completed:
* Preregistered online
* Picked up your Loopy kid’s t-shirt
* A bicycle in good working order
* Aust. Standards approved helmet
* Parent / guardian consent
* Training wheels removed
Participants and their guardians must report to the Loopy Kids marquee located at in Labrina Avenue, at 4:30pm for Ride 1, 4:50pm for Ride 2 and 5:15 for Ride 3. This will complete your registration process.
What type of bike do I need?
All bikes are accepted including folding bikes, lying down, wheel-chairs and tandems. Riders on tandems must register as individual riders i.e. complete two registrations. Bikes must be in good working order.
What happens if I cannot finish the ride?
Riders may choose to end their ride at any time but must leave the street circuit area immediately.
Are the roads closed?
Yes, Prospect Road will be closed from 7am 20 January - 5am 21 January. The Tourrific Prospect Street Party will however only run from 6pm - 11pm, 20 January 2020. For more information please visit: www.prospect.sa.gov.au/tourrific
Can my guardian ride with me?
No, only registered participants aged between 4 and 12 are allowed on the Prospect Circuit.
Maximum Number of Participants
The community ride is limited to 210 children.
In the unlikely event that Loopy Kids Ride is cancelled, participants will be notified by email. If for any reason you would like to cancel after registering please contact: email@example.com
Registrations are open till 12 January 2020 or until places are fully filled – so be quick because we book out fast!
Terms and Conditions
- Registrations are limited and close on Sunday 12 January 2020 unless filled previously.
- No new registrations will be accepted at the event.
- City of Prospect reserves the right to accept or decline an application for any participant.
- City of Prospect reserves the right to remove any persons from the event where considered necessary to do so for health and safety reasons.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult/guardian who is responsible for those person(s) throughout the event.
- Parents/guardians are required to stay at the event site for the duration of their children’s ride.
- Children participating in the community ride must be aged between 4 - 12 years at the time of the event.
- Children must have signed consent of their guardian to be able to participate.
- T-shirt sizes cannot be changed once the registration form has been submitted.
- No powered bicycles or bicycles with training wheels are allowed to enter the event site/circuit.
- All bikes are accepted including folding bikes, lying down, wheelchairs and tandems.
- Riders on tandems must each register as individual riders.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they are physically and mentally prepared for the event.
- The official event t-shirt is to be collected on Tuesday, 14 January 2020, between 9am and 5pm from City of Prospect, 128 Prospect Road. If the T-shirt can not be collected on this day, please call Customer Service on 8269 5355 to organise alternative arrangements.
- T-shirt cannot be claimed after the event by entrants who failed to participate.
- All participants must ride in the official event shirt.
- City of Prospect reserves the right to cancel the event due to inclement weather or extreme heat. The decision to cancel the event will be made in the interest of safety.
- If the event is cancelled all participant will be notified by telephone or email.
Proudly supported by Blackfriars Priory School