Water smart solutions for your home and backyard
- Information Session
Learn about ways to capture rainwater to reuse inside and outside of your home. Discover how to work with nature to create green and cool homes that support biodiversity and protect our waterways and oceans.
- how to capture and reuse rainwater, including how to calculate what size tank best suits you
- options for using household greywater
- mechanical solutions that conserve water inside your home
- using permeable and porous paving to reduce hard surfaces
- in-ground infiltration systems
- using vegetated swales and buffer strips to keep your garden green
- building raingardens and the best types of plants to choose.
This workshop is suitable for:
- people looking to retrofit their homes
- people planning new house builds
- all types of homes, even those without a garden.
1.5 hour workshop, with time for Q&A. Please bring a notebook and pen if you wish to take notes.
For more information contact Diane Salvi, Environment and Sustainability Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brought to you by City of Prospect and the Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board.