#CoolerGreener Adelaide | New planning policy, new opportunities
- Information Session
Contribute to the future of development in our suburbs, towns and regions
As the state’s population grows, the new Planning and Design Code (the Code) has the potential to contribute to the development of cooler, greener neighbourhoods that are better for everyone. And we need your input!
Our free workshops are designed to help demonstrate development scenarios that meet the draft planning policies in terms of greening and stormwater management, and how this compares to current practices.
- provide practical expert assistance in how to navigate and prepare effective responses to influence the draft Code
- gather your feedback at the workshop and prepare a summary for government.
Join us to discuss proposed policy on:
- site coverage/reduced hard paved surfaces
- minimum landscaped areas
- minimum tree planting for shade and amenity
- enhanced biodiversity
- rainwater tanks and other stormwater runoff management solutions.
Participants will be able to view and comment on a series of illustrated development scenarios that represent:
- business-as-usual development
- development that just passes the new policy (proposed minimum standards)
- what we call ‘cooler, greener’ development that goes beyond minimum standards for enhanced greening, stormwater management and amenity.
Outcomes from the workshops will be compiled and submitted to the Planning Commission by the 28 February 2019 due date.