Vine Plaza Upgrade
Implementation of the upgrade is scheduled to begin in June and be completed by the end of September 2020
The Vine Street Plaza is a prominent community space within the Prospect Road Village Heart, located directly adjacent the new community facility ‘Payinthi’. The upgrade will further enhance the plaza’s role as a vibrant destination for the whole of the community.
The upgrade includes new paving throughout the plaza to complement that used on the Prospect Road footpath, in combination with:
- updated landscaping areas and surrounds, with all existing trees to be retained
- a new timber deck at the rear of the Town Hall, as well as new timber seating integrated into the planter beds
- new lighting throughout, to improve useability after hours
- the removal of two existing planter beds to increase the space available for community use
- Flagpoles and plantings to assist in defining the eastern edge of the plaza and to maintain pedestrian safety.
The design of the upgrade was developed with a clear intent to:
- create a sense of place while integrating with the Village Heart
- ensure visibility of and connection to Payinthi and the Town Hall
- maintain a flexible space suitable for all users
- provide improved access to and amenity of adjacent properties, including a future conversion of the Town hall basement
Council endorsed the Vine Plaza Concept Plan for design development and staged implementation at their February meeting. The concept plan has been refined and revised (and the two stages subsequently combined) to reduce costs, maximise the design quality, and to minimise disruption to adjacent businesses and visitors.
If you have any queries regarding this matter, please contact Chris Newby, Manager Special Projects on 8269 5355.