Broadview Sports & Recreation Precinct (Yarnta Tutu yarta) Dog Park and Playspace Upgrade
Broadview Oval – Northern Boundary, McInnes Avenue, Broadview.
Upgrade to be completed and opened to the public on 11 December 2020, subject to SA Government advice on COVID-19 restrictions within SA.
Council is very excited with the new opportunities for play that will be created in the Playspace area at Broadview Oval along the northern boundary of the site. The Playspace will be undergoing an upgrade consisting of new basket swing, skateboard cable slider, trampolines (incl all access), all access rotator, mound slide, sand factory and a climbing structure.
The space will be supplemented by a grassed area, tree and vegetation plantings, shelter, picnic settings, BBQ and interactive art pieces/sculptures.
The dog park will also be receiving an upgrade that will include new grassed area consisting of cover lawn a new turf system that allows natural grass to grow through a honeycomb cell structure with synthetic turf attached, which creates a hybrid lawn that can withstand incredibly high traffic area such as a dog park, and still look green all year round.
New garden beds along the western boundary will also provide more greenery to this space and art work on the existing pipes will add a pop of colour visible to dogs as well as our community.
In addition, new lighting will be installed to both the playspace and dog park areas to light up these areas in the evening.
Progress Update – 19 November 2020
The project has made significant progress over the last period and is nearing completion. With landscaping, tree plantings and finishing surfaces being completed the space has really come to life and we can’t wait to see these facilities being used by our community. Council will allow some time for early turf and plant establishment before opening up to the public to reduce damage and repair works.
Works completed in previous period: (16 Oct – 19 Nov)
- Timber steppers and logs installed.
- Rock seating and rock edging all completed within playspace.
- Exposed path pour to link loop path within the playspace completed.
- Timber bridge construction across dry creek bed connecting loop path completed.
- Shelter Installation completed.
- All play equipment installed consisting of, basket swing, skateboard cable slider, trampolines (incl accessible), all access rotator, mound slide, sand factory and climbing structure.
- Rubber and mulch softfall installed around play equipment.
- Washed play sand installed in sand pit.
- Commission irrigation system completed.
- Roll out turf installed in dog park and playspace.
- Trees and plants installed within garden beds and playspace.
- Pipes in dog park painted by Artist.
- Excalibur tennis racket installed in rock and ‘Half-time Orange Slice’ art piece installed by Artists.
- Fencing posts and panelling completed around the playspace.
Forecast works planned for upcoming period: (20 Nov – 4 Dec) *Postponed due to COVID-19 SA lockdown with restrictions on construction industry until further notice.*
- Cement Treated Quarry Rubble pathways to be completed.
- BBQ, bench seats and picnic settings to be installed.
- Coverlawn product to be installed over roll out turf in dog park.
- Rock pointing to mound and rock edging to be completed.
- Remaining lighting poles to be installed and electricity connected.
If you have any queries regarding this matter, please contact John Zunis, Project Coordinator – Capital Works on 8269 5355.