The City of Port Adelaide Enfield, City of Prospect and City of Charles Sturt, with joint funding from the Stormwater Management Authority, is preparing a Stormwater Management Plan (SMP) for the Baker Inlet Central area in partnership with a consultant team led by Southfront.
The Baker Inlet Central SMP will provide greater clarity to the extent of the stormwater management related issues in the project area. The SMP will be used to guide Council’s decision making processes to better manage flood risk, water quality, stormwater detention/retention, water reuse and development in the project area.
The project area includes the suburbs of Wingfield, Mansfield Park, Angle Park, Woodville Gardens, Regency Park, Croydon Park, Dudley Park, Devon Park and Prospect.
Stage 1 - Project Start up Dec 2019
- Review existing catchment reports and stormwater designs
- Undertake hydrogeological investigation
- Undertake review of marine habitats
Stage 2 - Jan to Sep 2020
- Undertake preliminary community consultation
- Setup a decision making matrix using the technique of multiple criteria analysis
- Examine development potential in the study area
- Identification of problems and opportunities for improvement
- Investigate opportunities for stormwater management and provide recommendations
- Prepare draft stormwater master plan
Stage 3 - October 2020 to May 2021
- Undertake community consultation regarding the draft stormwater management plan
- Review feedback from community and technical steering group
- Finalise stormwater management plan
Initial community consultation is taking place on the 26th and 27th of February and the details are as follows:
Council is eager to engage the community about the Plan given the range and complexity of stormwater management issues in the Baker Inlet Central area. At the upcoming Open House sessions, Council would like to invite anyone that is interested to please drop by for as little or as long as you like to learn about the project and provide information that can contribute to the development of the plan.
Sessions will be held at:
- Wednesday 26 February 2020 at 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Irish Harp, Payinthi (City of Prospect)
128 Prospect Road, Prospect SA 5082
- Thursday 27 February 2020 at 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Community Room No 2, Parks Library
46 Trafford St, Angle Park SA 5010
Barker Inlet Stormwater Management Plan Information Brochure
Barker Inlet Stormwater Management Plan Poster
Barker Inlet Stormwater Management Plan Feedback Form