- Wonderful opportunity for experienced and capable Governance person
- Full time, 5 year contract position - with immediate start
- Award winning Main Street location in close proximity to CBD;
City of Prospect is a changing community with café and apartment living blending with established character and history.
We are seeking an experienced and capable governance specialist to assist in delivering on our commitment to transparency and accountability in our governance practices. You can expect your days to be busy, hands on and rewarding!
Description of position:
As Governance Advisor you will act as a critical point of contact and work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Leadership Team, as well as Council Members when necessary. You will collate, coordinate and distribute papers and documents related to governance matters including Council registers. You’ll also draft complex correspondence which is both polished and concise, and support Council and committee members with general enquiries and administrative matters.
Your commitment to core governance principles and knowledge of relevant legislation will assist in supporting Council’s compliance with legislation and developing organisational knowledge of the good governance.
If you have experience in interpreting legislation relevant to local government combined with great written and verbal communication skills and want to join a progressive organisation with a customer centric and values driven ethos, then this role may be the one for you.
To excel in this position, you must meet the following criteria:
- A tertiary qualification in Business Law, Corporate Governance or related field and/or commensurate demonstrated experience in lieu of formal qualifications
- Superior writing, language and editing skills with expertise in the production of both strategic and policy documents;
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills, discretion and confidentiality;
- Broad industry experience in continuous improvement and quality assurance activities will be highly regarded;
- Strong attention to detail with an approachable and flexible working style;
- Demonstrated ability to confidently manage stakeholder relationships, foster collaboration and build implicit trust with the stakeholder base. Can handle complex multi-stakeholder issues;
- Demonstrated ability to act with a high level of integrity, and make ethical, evidence-based decisions;
- Committed to working collaboratively and pragmatically in a high-performing environment;
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-volume workload and completing concurrent projects on time without compromise to detail;
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislation relevant to local government;
- A legal background, while not essential, would be advantageous;
- Demonstrated experience in the Microsoft office suite of products.
If after reading the position description you have any queries, or require further information, genuine enquiries are welcome to Ginny Moon, Director Corporate Services on (08) 8269 5355.
Applications are to include a cover letter (1-2 pages) outlining what excites you about the role and our City, and why your skills and experience are what we need. This will be provided together with a current CV which includes a small number of highly relevant Referees.
Applications are to be submitted in MS Word Format only to email@example.com and will close on Wednesday 15 July 2020 at 5pm.
Applicants must have appropriate Australian work visa or residency to be considered. International applicants who do not have an appropriate Australian work visa or residency will not be considered or acknowledged.
Applicants will be assessed based on their ability to demonstrate experience relevant for the position. Only applicants who address and meet the selection criteria will be considered and only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.