Housing Diversity and Desirable Neighbourhoods Study
Do you value the local housing and character in your area? Does the existing housing in Prospect meet your current and future needs? Do you want to remain in Prospect but with a different type of house? Now is the time to let us know your views.
The scope of this project is multi-faceted and comprehensively brings together the different stakeholders and forces at play and the high expectations of the community with regard to housing within Prospect, and includes:
- Strategic and emerging population and demographic analysis,
- Development Plan review,
- Streetscape Assessment of Residential Character,
- Modelling, testing and visual presentation of desired housing initiatives,
- Stakeholder and community feedback,
- Endorsement from Council of our preferred position to be put to State Government,
- Reporting back to the community.
Council wishes to engage with the community on this issue of local importance and to achieve this we will undertake various approaches to get involvement and feedback.
- Workshops will be held with key stakeholders to garner views and expectations.
- A series of community forums will be held in the local area to gather ideas and expectations in round one and feedback on draft proposals in round two of the Study.
- Street walking tours will involve on-site discussions of streetscape qualities and examples of housing that is valued and not valued within the local area.
As part of the Housing Study, council is undertaking street tours at selected sites within City of Prospect. This event will provide an opportunity to discuss real life examples and exchange ideas and opinions on streetscape character within our local streets.
Please register your interest here on Eventbrite for one of two sessions to be held for our southern/eastern area on Friday 3 May at 10am to 12pm and the northern/western area on Saturday 4 May at 10:30am to 12:30pm.
On Friday, we will meet at the corner of Churcher & Thorngate Street for 10am start and will move independently to a second site at Harvey Street (approx 1.4km away) for more streetscape analysis.
On Saturday, we will meet on Camroc Avenue at the Angwin Avenue end of the street for 10.30am start and will move independently to Gladstone Road (approx 2km away) for more streetscape analysis.
Activities will include a briefing from staff and a Streetscape Analysis template will be used as participants walk the selected streets and provide their thoughts on street character for our Housing Study.
Please bring suitable walking clothing and water.**The event will be subject to the weather with any cancellation posted on the website.
As part of our information gathering process, we are conducting a series of forums to provide the community with an opportunity to outline your views and expectations on housing trends and issues in Prospect. These community forums will be facilitated by engagement specialists from Urban and Regional Planning Solutions (URPS).
The first two sessions were held in February and March 2019, and we're looking at holding 2 more in early June 2019 to further look at the draft proposals.
We're keen to hear your thoughts, even if you can't make it to one of the forums.
Please contact Rick Chenoweth (Project Manager) or planning staff on (08) 8269 5355 to find out more about this Study.
30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide - State Government