Housing Diversity and Desirable Neighbourhoods Study
Do you value the local housing and character in your area? Does the existing housing in Prospect meet your current and future needs? Do you want to remain in Prospect but with a different type of house? Now is the time to let us know your views.
The scope of this project is multi-faceted and comprehensively brings together the different stakeholders and forces at play and the high expectations of the community with regard to housing within Prospect, and includes:
- Strategic and emerging population and demographic analysis,
- Development Plan review,
- Streetscape Assessment of Residential Character,
- Modelling, testing and visual presentation of desired housing initiatives,
- Stakeholder and community feedback,
- Endorsement from Council of our preferred position to be put to State Government,
- Reporting back to the community.
Council wishes to engage with the community on this issue of local importance and to achieve this we will undertake various approaches to get involvement and feedback.
- Workshops will be held with key stakeholders to garner views and expectations.
- A series of community forums will be held in the local area to gather ideas and expectations in round one and feedback on draft proposals in round two of the Study.
- Street walking tours will involve on-site discussions of streetscape qualities and examples of housing that is valued and not valued within the local area.
Final Community Sessions
The session will include a series of presentations and issues will be workshopped in small groups. An online chat facility will also be available.
Warwick Keates from Wax Design will be discussing Prospect’s character, Damian Madigan from UniSA will talk about infill housing and local opportunities and staff will discuss links with the Planning and Design Code. Due to on-going COVID restrictions there will be limited spaces available to attend Council’s venue and therefore on-line Zoom participation has also been made available.
Available seating at Council’s venue will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
When: Thursday 2 July 2020 6pm - 8pm
Where: Payinthi, 128 Prospect Road, Prospect
Register for the in-person event here (limited to 20 registrations) - booked out.
Register for the online event here (participants will be emailed a Zoom link).
Please contact Rick Chenoweth (Project Manager) or planning staff on (08) 8269 5355 to find out more about this Study.
30-Year Plan for Greater Adelaide - State Government