Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
Thank you for your feedback on Council’s Draft Disability Access and Inclusion Plan. Consultation closed Friday 27 November 2020.
A key objective of the plan is to develop and enhance a culture of inclusion within City of Prospect. The Draft Disability Access Inclusion Plan includes the following outcomes to support people with disabilities:
- People with disabilities will have equitable access to buildings, facilities, services and events;
- People with disabilities will have equitable access to information and communication opportunities;
- Eliminate discrimination against people with disability;
- Ensure the legal equality of people with disability;
- Promote the recognition and acceptance within the community that people with disability have the same rights as the rest of the community;
- Ensure Council’s employment practices will be inclusive.
Feedback from the engagement and the draft Plan will be presented to Council in December for endorsement.
Find out more by visiting https://cityofprospect.engagementhub.com.au/disability-access-and-inclusion-plan