Prospect budget adopted - there is something for everyone!
On 23 June 2020, Council endorsed the 2020/2021 Annual Business Plan & Budget.
This Budget process developed during COVID-19 has been very difficult but has resulted in both stimulus and restraint.
Council has its lowest rate increase in 20 years, while ensuring a bold capital works program of $5.8 million.
This year’s average rate increase of 1.9% is lower than the current Adelaide CPI of 2.4% and much lower than the 3.04% that the Long Term Financial. This equates to a $36 per year increase to the average ratepayer.
“In this budget there is something for everyone. Prospect is still able to demonstrate leadership through its $5.8 million Capital Works Program while keeping the rate increase at a historic low,” said Mayor David O’Loughlin.
Some key initiatives, in addition to roads, footpath and kerb and gutter constructions, include:
- Open Space Upgrades:
- Charles Cane / Parndo Yerta Reserve
- Vine Street Plaza
- Prospect Gardens / Narnu Wirra Playspace
- Churchill Road Stage 3 Upgrade
- Farrant Street and Alexandra Street Stormwater Diversion
- Nailsworth Hall Upgrade
- Broadview Oval / Yarnta Tutu yarta Concept Plan
- Green Tunnel program
- Strategic Plan development
- Major Event/Series of events
- Creating a French Quarter Plan
- Broadview Oval Masterplan