The Eastern Region Youth Network or better known as ERYN is a network of youth services, agencies, organisations and those interested in youth affairs in the eastern suburbs.
ERYN assists the youth community to work collaboratively to develop a more strategic approach to youth programs and service delivery in the east.
Aim of the network:
To ensure that young people in the Eastern Region have access to appropriate services.
The network objectives are to provide key youth stakeholders with the opportunity to:
- Identify current and emerging issues for young people
- Identify service gaps in the Eastern region
- Create opportunities for collaboration
- Exchange information
- Lobby for appropriate services in the region
- Utilise Local Government Regional Council, resources and networks
The purpose of the network is to
- Facilitate inter-agency communication and information sharing
- Address youth service gaps (including affordable housing, careers advice, work, experience, services for new arrivals)
- Advocate and lobby for regional needs
- Facilitate collaboration between agencies and services
- Share relevant information
- Support youth participation
No membership fee is required, however members are required to complete and return an ERYN membership form. Membership details will be compiled to develop a current membership list to facilitate communication, collaboration and assist with the distribution of agendas and minutes.
Members will have the opportunity to
- Participate in ERYN meetings
- Receive agendas and minutes
- Have free access to network resources
- Promote upcoming events, programs and initiatives
- Raise issues of importance
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Strengthen professional relationships
The network will convene four meetings per year. Each meeting will be hosted or organised by one of the seven participating Councils. Meetings in 2013 will be held on the third Friday every three months from 10 am – 12 pm. Morning tea is provided.
- Friday 15 February 2013, 10 am – 12 pm
City of Unley
181 Unley Road, Unley
- Friday 17 May 2013, 10 am – 12 pm
City of Prospect
126 Prospect Road, Prospect
- Friday 16 August 2013, 10 am - 12 pm
City of Norwood Payneham & St Peters
175 The Parade, Norwood
- Friday 15 November 2013, 10 am - 12 pm
City of Campbelltown
172 Montacute Road, Rostrevor
If you would like to find out more about becoming an ERYN member please contact Mark Crabtree, Youth Development Officer on 8342 8041 or send an email.