Located within the Thomas Street Centre, City of Prospect’s Digital Hub is a friendly, social environment offering residents and business owners free advice and assistance with digital technology.
What is a Digital Hub?
A ‘Digital Hub’ is a community-based computer training and internet access point providing easy access to computers and other internet-connected devices. It allows people to explore technology in a supportive and knowledgeable environment, so that they can develop the digital literacy skills necessary to realise the benefits that come with being part of a high speed broadband-enabled community.
What does the Digital Hub offer?
The friendly staff and volunteers at the Digital Hub can help you with training, assistance and advice on a range of matters, including:
- Personal digital devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, cameras, remote controls, kindle
- Online activity such as Google, social media, email, internet banking, cloud computing, online security and gaming
- Popular software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- What to look for when purchasing new devices or equipment
- How to access online Library services such as Zinio, Overdrive and Lynda
- Connecting to the nbnTM
What else happens at the Digital Hub?
The Digital Hub is a hive of activity at times, with programs and presentations targeting a range of areas of interest, including:
- Advice and training for local, home-based, start-up or small businesses
- Regular school holiday gaming sessions for children
- Adult education courses
- Access to technology and partnerships with local community groups and schools
- Programs for supported residents and special needs centres
- Group training sessions by request
Can I use the Digital Hub?
All residents and business owners of City of Prospect are welcome. Simply contact the friendly staff to explain what area of technology you need assistance in, and they will book you in to a one-on-one or group training session. It’s that easy!
What can I expect?
The Digital Hub offers 45 minute training sessions run by experienced volunteers and staff in an informal and supportive environment. They will work with you, at your own pace, and there’s no pressure. You can book as many sessions as you need; and they’re free!
There are training computers and tablets available for use (free of charge) or you can bring your own device. For other personal digital devices such as mobile phones or digital cameras, bring yours along and the team will assist you with troubleshooting or training.
How do I book a training session?
Bookings can be made online via the training calendar or call 8342 8090.
We look forward to seeing you soon at the Digital Hub!
*Children under 15 years of age are to be accompanied by a responsible adult.